Former Black Eyed Peas member, Fergie, stole the shine from the NBA All-Stars game on Sunday, as her hilarious attempt to do a “Whitney Houston”, eventually made her a hot topic on social media. The 42-year-old singer decided to add her personal spice to what could have been an emotional moment for millions of Americans,…
Fast rising American singer, Halsey, became a top topic on social media this week when she suffered a disastrous wardrobe malfunction At amfAR Gala.
Halsey exposed a little too much than her daring black strapless gown was supposed to when a fellow guest unwittingly trapped the hem of her skirt under his shoe as he walked behind her, leaving her most hidden treasure completely exposed. But the New York born actress have a bit of a weirder personality than meet the eye. Below are 7 weird and interesting facts about Halsey:
1) Her Name Is Not Halsey: Weird as it sounds, Halsey just happen to be a stage name she picked up from an old relationship. Her real name is Ashley Nicolette Frangipane. In an interview with Nylon Magazine, she said: ” “When I was 17 I was seeing a guy who was 24 and he lived on Halsey Street in Brooklyn. That’s where I first started writing music and where I started to feel like I was a part of something bigger than my town in middle of nowhere New Jersey. Halsey is kind of like a manifestation of all the exaggerated parts of me [Ashley], so it’s like an alter ego.”
2) She is bisexual: Yes. She swing both ways. As a matter of fact, she has repeatedly released explicitly bisexual love songs, such as Strangers, which she sang with bisexual Fifth Harmony star Lauren Jauregui. When her record label suggested straight pop star Katy Perry for the other half of the song’s duet, she told executives: “I’m not putting an artist on this song unless they’re f***ing gay” – and she got her way.
3) She is biracial: Yes. This pretty white actress has a great deal of black blood in her. Halsey has a black father and white mother, making her biracial. She spoke about her experience of living as a biracial American on the cover of Playboy magazine last year.
4) She is bipolar: Too many bi’s right? Well her nature as a bisexual, bipolar and biracial lady eventually earned her the name “tri-bi”, which many people used to mock her on numerous occasions. She was diagnosed with bipolar disorder at age 17.
5) She is a die-hard One Direction fan: Before she became Halsey, Ashley was a teenage song writer with a YouTube channel, a Tumblr, and an obsession with One Direction. When Harry Styles and Taylor Swift went public with their romance, Ashley made her feelings known with a parody cover to Swift’s “I Knew You Were Trouble,” which she titled “The Haylor Song”. The video went viral within the One Direction fandom, but was taken down once Ashley’s Alter Ego came into the spotlight.
6) She is cool with the gentle and rough styles of music: Growing up with parents who come from two distinctly different backgrounds helped Halsey appreciate all kinds of music. In an interview with MTV, she said: “Growing up my dad was listening to a ton of old school rap and my mom was listening to a ton of ’90s grunge. So I was fortunate that my parents were rockin’ MTV when I was an infant…. grungey (songwriters) like Nirvana, Alanis Morissette, The Cure, Gin Blossoms and also Tupac, Biggie, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Slick Rick — just old school bouncy hip-hop,.”
7) She featured in Justin Bieber’s 2015 album “The Feeling”: Halsey was featured on Justin Bieber’s album for a song titled “The Feeling.” Both performed the song live at The Today Show, and their chemistry on stage ignited dating rumors.
Photo Credit: Getty
Share this article >